Farmers Bank of Green City will NEVER request confidential information from a customer such as account number, social security number, PIN's or passwords by email or phone call. Never give out confidential information unless you have originated a voice or in-person conversation and we are requesting this for identification reasons. Never give out your PIN or password to anyone, including Farmers Bank of Green City Bank Staff.
We need your help too!
Here are some of the steps you can take:
- Don't give your passwords to anyone. And don't record your passwords in an easy-to-find place.
- Change your passwords often. Be sure to choose passwords that are hard for others to guess.
- Review your statements. If you notice suspicious activity in your accounts, report it immediately.
- Take advantage of your PC's security features.
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware, and other internet security software on your PC. Use it regularly and keep it up-to-date.
- Be leery of e-mails you received from people you don't know, and don't open any attachments they may contain. When in doubt, delete the message without opening it.
- Make sure your browser uses the strongest encryption available and be aware of the encryption levels of the sites and applications you use.
If you receive deceptive emails or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-660-874-4131.